Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So Like...Now I REALLY Have Hives

Woops.  Bought another cookbook last night.  It was an impulse buy.  But it's titled "The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook."  It seemed like fate.  Here I was embarking on a new blogging adventure all about easy, yummy, healthy and CHEAP recipes...and here was a cookbook telling me how to do it for $5 per meal.  Damn thing jumped in my cart.  The author is Erin Chase.  I couldn't wait to get home and read all of Erin's words of wisdom.
Erin???  You gave me hives.
Do you know how Erin makes dinner for her family of 4 for $5???  She clips coupons.  She not only clips coupons...she organizes them in a binder and uses baseball card inserts and page protectors.  And apparently there's fine print on the coupons that you must read and pay attention to or the cash register will beep at you.  You also need to understand coupon etiquette and store coupon policies.  OMG.  I am seriously scratching right now. Erin devoted an entire chapter of her book to coupon clipping.  Two of the other chapters are no less daunting...

Chapter One: Strtegic Grocery Shopping
Chapter Two: Strategic Coupon Clipping
Chapter Three: Strategic Meal Planning

That's a lot of strategies.
Maybe I should change the name of my blog to Easy.Yummy.Healthy.AndSortaInexpensive.  I can't do cheap.  If cheap requires strategies, I can't do cheap.

I'm so itchy.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog already. Have you started your book yet?

    ReplyDelete