Monday, October 18, 2010

Monster Eyeballs

The entire Z Gang was invited to a Halloween/Fall Festival on Saturday night...that's a LOT of Zaremski monsters in one house.  So I DEFINITELY needed to bring a treat or two along with us.  The kiddos talked me into Halloween Jello Jigglers and  my husband made ummy yummy buffalo chicken dip. (Ooooh.  Funny story...apparently one night my friend, Robin had a HUGE margarita and referred to the buffalo chicken dip as chuckalo biffen dip.  I thought that was hysterical.  I've been calling it that ever since.  Sorry Robin. But chuckalo biffen dip?????  How can I NOT call it that????  Not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you...THAT'S funny.)
Anyway...I still wanted to bring one more yummy along with us.  Sharon Geyer, a Tastefully Simple rep and friend extrodinaire, posted a recipe on facebook and I HAD to try it.  The dang thing was just too adorable, easy, yummy and cheap.  I didn't say healthy, cuz it's not, but I figured out a way to MAKE it healthy (ish)...use fat-free cream cheese!!!  I didn't have any, so I fed all of the Fall Festival guests pure fat.  (sorry...) But NEXT year????  Fat-free cream cheese and guilt-free eyeballs.  I promise.

So.  The recipe.

Monster Eyeballs

8oz. softened cream cheese
1-2 TBS Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic Seasoning Blend
8 pimento stuffed Spanish olives
red food dye

1. Mix the cream cheese and Garlic Garlic seasoning blend.  Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
2. Cut the cream cheese mixture into 16 equal sections and roll into balls.
3. Cut the olives in half and place in the center of each ball.
4. Draw bloodshot red lines on eyeballs using a toothpick and red food dye.
5. Serve on a cracker and gobble up!!

They looked disgusting...PERFECT!!!!!

I THINK they were liked.  (??)
I liked them.  A little too garlic-y, maybe. (??)  In my world there is no such thing.  But I think I heard the hubs say, "WOW, that's a lotta garlic."  Maybe use 1 TBS of the garlic garlic...

Monster eyeballs with fat-free cream cheese: 14 calories and NO FAT!!!  Of course the cracker will add some fat (and calories) but eating the eyeball without the cracker would just be gross.  Eat the cracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment