Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting Started...I think I Have Hives

Okay.  I'm getting started.  I GOT started.  I'm committed to this thing.  First order of business??  A recipe.  What the hell am I gonna cook???  The kids were still in school and Genny girl was firmly planted in front of Caillou.  I had approximately 22 minutes to look through some cookbooks and get inspired.  I grabbed "Cooking Light--Fresh Food Fast--Weeknight Meals" and found my inspiration on page 243.  Pasta Bolognese. I had NO idea how to even pronounce the name of this dish (still don't) so it must be perfect.   Plus the ingredients sounded yummy...off to the grocery store I went.  But first I told my family what I was doing.
 
Me: Guess what I did today??  I started a BLOG!!
Caylin (13): And I care about this WHY?!?!
Me: ???
Me: ???
Me:???
(I had no idea what to say.  My tongue was tied because my brain was busy visualizing strangling her.)
New approach...
Me: Hey guys...I'm heading to the grocery store.  I'm trying a new recipe tomorrow night.  I've decided to do this twice a week for the next year...we SERIOUSLY need to start eating healthier.
Caylin: So what's for dinner tomorrow night?????
Me: Pasta Bolognese.
Caylin: Ew, GROSS!!  I'm making oodles of noodles.

SEE?!?!  Hives.
But I AM gonna do this thing.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about the recipes, but the comments will definitely make this BLOG worth reading.

    ReplyDelete