Friday, October 8, 2010

Left Over Guac Equals a Guacamole Sammy...Ridiculously Yummy

Remember that nasty bowl from last night's taco night?
It's guacamole.  I'm not ashamed...I found my rubber spatula and scraped out every last bit of avocado heaven.  I got about 2 TBS just by scraping the sides.  It took every ounce of self control, but I did NOT lick it off the spatula. Noah said it looked like puke on a spoon but I didn't care. ( La la la la la.  I can't hear you, I can't hear you.)  More for me.  2TBS doesn't stretch very far, sweet Noah, and mommy wasn't planning on sharing anyway.  Mommy is making a guac sammy for lunch tomorrow and it's all for MEEEEEEEE.


Okay...so here's the recipe.
(I made this one up, so technically I'm not reviewing a recipe, but my sammy was super yummy so I thought I'd share.)

Open Face Guacamole Sandwich
1  Whole Wheat Smart Slims, opened and toasted
2 TBS guacamole
1/2 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1cup baby spinach
1 TBS balsamic vinegar

1. Spread 1 TBS of guacamole on each of the Smart Slims halves.  Top with tomato, scallion and baby spinach.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
2.  Enjoy and don't share.
Total calories...around 200.

LOL!!  Notice the bite...I couldn't wait.

Oh.  I should probably share the guacamole recipe, too.  (Duh.)

Guacamole
1 avocado
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (I KNOW I used more...I was blowin' garlic breath all night.)
juice of half a lemon
salt to taste  (probably a good 1/2 tsp.)

1. Cut and seed avocado.  Mash avocado with the back of a fork until a smooth.
2. Add the next 4 ingredients, mix well, and enjoy!  (And again...don't share!!)

Sooooo yummy.  And easy.  And cheap.  And very VERY healthy!!  (Unless you eat the whole bowl...guilty.)

2 comments:

  1. I want this sandwich right now!!!!! But I completely disagree with making the avocado smooth! Yuck! I prefer mine chunky and have always seen it served this way in numerous "authentic" Mexican places in California. And by the way, I'm very proud of you for doing this Colleen! Anyplace that gives you an outlet to showcase your talent is wonderful! Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW!!! I heart you, Michelle!!! Thank you THANK YOU for your encouraging words!!! (I know I'm making an ass of myself, but...I'm having fun!!) Love you bunches. I'll try the guac nice-n-chunky next time. I usually like it smooth so it spreads like mayo. BUT!! I WILL try it chunky and taste compare. In fact, I'm such a dork I'll probably blog about it!!! "Chunky vs. Creamy...It's Not Just For Peanut Butter Anymore!!"
    Monday. I'll experiment Monday.

    ReplyDelete